The Student Agreement Program – Graduate Studies (PEC-PG), officially created in 1981, offers study grants to people from developing countries with which Brazil has a cultural and/or education agreement for full time graduate studies courses (master’s and doctorate) in Brazilian Higher Education Institutions (IES).
The following benefits shall be offered to these students:
• Places in Brazilian IES recommended by Capes, without any registration costs;
• Monthly grant of the same value as offered to Brazilian students, namely: R$1500.00 for master’s students, with a maximum duration of 24 months, and R$2200.00 for doctoral students, with a maximum duration of 48 months;
• Return flight from the foreign student’s country.
PEC-PG is administered in partnership with three agencies:
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MRE), through the Education Themes Division (DCE), responsible for advertising the Program abroad and paying for students’ return flights;
• The Ministry of Education (MEC), through the Coordination of Improvement of Higher Level Personnel (Capes), responsible for the selection and payment of doctoral grants for students from all the participating countries and the master’s grants for students from East Timor;
• The Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation (MCTI), through the National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq), responsible for the selection and payment of master’s grants for students from all participating countries, with the exception of East Timor.