According to the regulation of the Graduate Program in History, the aims of the Master’s and Doctoral courses are to:
- Train high level researchers ]in the area of History, and more specifically in the field of Social History;
- Contribute to the training of university professors of a high professional level;
- Stimulate creativity and provide permanent conditions for the refreshing, improvement, and specialization of graduates in History and related areas;
- Produce knowledge in the specific areas of History, following the four Chronological-Thematic sectors (Ancient History, Medieval History, Modern History, and Contemporary History), and in accordance with the lines of research: Economy and Society, Power and Society, and Culture and Society;
- Encourage the dissemination and exchange of scientific production in the field of History and related areas.