According to the regulation of the History Post-Graduate Program, the Master’s and Doctorate Programs aim to:
- Graduate high level researchers in the domain of History and, specifically, in the Social History field;
- Contribute to the development of university professors of high professional level;
- Stimulate creativity and promote permanent conditions for upgrade, improvement, specialization in History and common areas;
- Produce knowledge in specific domains of History, according to four Chronological-Thematic Sectors, Ancient History, Medieval History, Modern History, Contemporary History, and according to the following lines of research: Economy and Society, Power and Society and Culture and Society;
- Promote dissemination and exchange of scientific production in the field of History and common areas.