- Languages: Portuguese, English, Spanish and French.
- All the papers must pass by peer review process. The contributions will be evaluated by members of our Editorial or Advisory Boards.
- The papers must follow the format: font Garamond, size 12, spacing 1,5, maximun of 15 pages (excluding the bybliography).
- The title of the article must come in capital letters, bold, centralized, font Garmond 14. Bellow the title, flush right, must come the name of the author, followed by his institutional affiliation.
- All the articles must have an abstract in the language it is written. The editors of Plêthos will be responsible for a version n Portuguese. The maximum of lines for the abstract is 5, font Garamond, size 10.
- The citations must come in the body of the text and follow the format: (AUTHOR, year: page). For example: (ALDRED, 1968: 83). In the case of abreviations, it must be indicated in the beggining of the bibliographical list, for example: JEA - Journal of Egyptian Archaeology. The papers must not have footnotes; all the explanations must come in the body of the text, to facilitate the online reading.
- The bibliographical references must follow this format:
(1) Book: CARDOSO, Ciro Flamarion. Sete olhares sobre a Antiguidade. Brasília: Editoria da UnB, 1994.
(2) Book chapter: LESKO, Leonard H. Cosmogonias e cosmologia do Egito antigo. In: SHAFER, Byron E. (ed.). As religiões no Egito antigo: deuses, mitos e rituais domésticos. São Paulo: Nova Alexandria, 2002, pp. 108-148.
(3) Article: BAINES, John. Practical religion and piety, Journal of Egyptian Archaeolgy, 73, 1987, pp. 79-98.
(4)Thesis/Dissertaion: CHAPOT, Gisela. O senhor da ordenação: um estudo da relação entre o faraó Akhenaton e as oferendas divinas e funerárias durante a Reforma de Amarna (1353-1335 a.C.). Niterói: Programa de Pós-graduação em História da Universidade Federal Fluminense, 2007.
- In the case of utilizing images, it must come directly in the body of the text, with the indications of copyright.
- The papers must be sent in .doc ou .docx to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attached with the papers, must come the identification form (download here) and a letter from the advisor/supervisor of the research indicating the work for publication.
- The papers must be original contributions to the studies of Antiquity and Middle Ages.
- Attention to the guidelines! In the case the paper not follow the instructions, its publication will be unviable.
- The reviews must follow the same format of the papers. The only difference is that the maximum of pages is 5.
- The reviews must deal with recent publications, published until 5 years ago.
- With the reviews, must be attached the identification formt available above.
The evaluation process
1) Each papers will be sent anonymously to a referee member of the Editorial or Advisory Boards. Supposing the article is approved, a acceptance letter will be sent to the author.
2) If the article is rejected, we will send it to another referee. In the case of disagreement, we will send the text for a third referee to tie.
3) All the articles will pass to at least three referees.
The evaluation of an article consists of a series of comments on the text received for pubication. In the end of the comments, the referee must address if the article should be accepted without changes, accepted after modifications (in this case, referres must address the necessary changes) or rejected. The Editorial Team of Plêthos will accept the evaluations of the referees.